EPS: The Elgaard Positioning System
version 0.9 (java 1.1/java 2)
Sourceforge Project Page Mailing lists, Messageboards, Bug tracking and more
Changes in EPS 0.9
A lot of new GUI features, primarily by Hongtao Yan
Changes in EPS 0.8.3
Support for DgpsIP.
See See dgps-ip for more info
Remember to set the interface to RTCM/NMEA (Or RTCM/NONE, 4800 baud if you dont need NMEA).
New UI for Commapi.
A few Bugfixes: A y2k problem. EPS now works again in new versions of Netscape.
New File Names in EPS 0.8
EPS is now started as "java EPS" or loaded from "netscape.html" or "browser.html".
See Running EPS
EPS is written in Java. It requires at least Java 1.1.
It runs on:
For communication with the Garmin GPS unit the requirements are:
- JDK 1.1 + Java
Communications API 2.0 on Win32
- JDK 1.1 on UNIX/Linux
Stty requires no installation, but is a hack. If stty does not work you have to install RXTX.
- Netscape 4.72 on UNIX/Linux
- Displays scanned charts. Can zoom and scroll.
- now: handles different sizes of scanned rectangles.
- Computes speed, distances etc.
- Handles waypoints, track, and routes.
- Uploads and downloads waypoints, track, and routes between EPS and Garmin GPS units
- Displays NMEA output: Course and Speed. Displays track on chart.
- Can send Dgps IP to the GPS unit while displaying NMEA output.
Download from SourceForge EPS page
The system is FREE (GNU public licence).
Left Mouse Button: Show Position.
Middle Mouse Button: Set track log position.
Right Mouse Button: Start new track.
Arrow keys and scrollbar: Pan chart.
Try running EPS over the net
Communication with the GPS unit and file saving does not work over the net.
Niels Elgaard Larsen